Most recent blog posts
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- RE: Microsoft Edge November 26, 2015Dear Microsoft On behalf of web developers everywhere, I’m asking, or rather begging, please stop making browsers. It’s not your core business, and you are just not good at it. Give it up! Let it go.Stop making my life a living hell of coding around the problems that you make for me. You can’t fix the problem because you are the problem. So stop trying, and […]
- Get the Primary key on Insert Using Entity Framework April 28, 2013Hey guys, this is just a quick code example to show how you can get the auto incrementing Primary Key ID when inserting a new row using Entity Framework. All you need to do is insert the record as you normally would, then after you saveChanges() just assign the ID to an integer as seen below. int TaskID; using (var context = new AppName.Data.Matters.Matter […]
- ASP.NET Postback in jQuery UI Modal Dialog April 10, 2013Why is the postback not working? When you use the jQuery UI Modal Dialog it pulls the referenced Div out of the form to create the Modal Dialog. As a result ASP.Net elements such as the asp:Button and asp: TextBox will not function as they need to be in the form for your code behind to access them and the postback to work. How do we fix it? The easiest fix […]
- Writing Better C# Code - If Statements March 17, 2013A very important part of being a good programmer is writing concise and clean code. There are many ways that we can eliminate unnecessary code so I will be writing a few articles about how to write better code, but I will start with the humble “If Statement”. I think a lot of developers zero in on Objects and Classes in C# because it is an Object Orientated […]